This occurs for two main reasons:
1. The o-ring was not lubricated: It is important to always keep the gasket clean and lubricated with ordinary solid petroleum jelly. Lubrication is especially important in the first few weeks. Check these instructions and video on how to clean and lubricate the gasket of your Pascal Box.
2. Over-tightening: To achieve a tight seal, it is not necessary to over-tighten the lid. When closing the Pascal Box, when you feel the lid touching the glass, turn the lid about 1.5cm.
Now let's see how to open your Pascal Box. There are 4 different methods:
1. using the easy-open system. On the lid of your Pascal Box you will see 2 slots. Use the gate of the paddle court as shown in this video. IMPORTANT: Do not forget to push against the railing at the same time as you spin the Pascal Box holding the Pascal Box by the butt of the cup to develop the maximum spinning force. If you do not push well against the gate, you may break the lid and then it will have to be replaced.
2. It is the same as the previous one, but using the metal profile you have at hand (a door, a gate, a window, etc ... be careful not to do it with painted surfaces as it can jump the paint) as in the video.
IMPORTANT: Do not forget to push against the gate at the same time that you make the turn by holding the Pascal Box by the butt of the glass to develop the maximum turning force. If you do not push well against the gate, you may break the lid and then it will have to be replaced.
3. Seek the help of another person. While one person holds the lid of the Pascal Box tightly with both hands (without turning it, just hold it as tight as you can), the other person holds the glass by the butt and performs the twist to open it.
4. In the last case, if you have not managed to open it, we will have to resort to a dam that fixes the lid completely and we open it by turning the glass always holding it by the bottom.